Talis has been working with St Ives Gold Mine on a wide variety of projects for a number of years.
Our initial engagement came through something of a baptism by fire when we were asked at an introductory meeting how we would go about solving some particular concerns the site had with a tailings storage facility that required a lift. Talis was able to provide some options that had not previously been considered and were engaged to secure environmental approvals for the lift (including consideration of the hydrogeology and implications for the lift on the surrounding environment).
The successful delivery of this project resulted in Talis being engaged for a wide range of other projects onsite, including:
- Hydrogeological assessment of pit dewatering;
- Environmental Impact Assessment for mine expansion projects (including ecological and hydrological studies);
- Licence amendments for tailings and dewatering discharges;
- Wastewater treatment plant discharge assessment and monitoring;
- Bioremediation of hydrocarbon contaminated soils;
- Mine closure planning;
- Vegetation health assessments using remote sensing (NDVI) techniques);
- Strategic consideration and consolidation of approvals and compliance obligations; and
- Ongoing advisory services across all aspects of the mine operations.
The relationship with St Ives typifies the role we play with our clients, which is based on trust and delivery of project outcomes.