Talis was engaged during conceptual design studies to assist in assessing and minimising noise and vibration impacts.
The study included:
- Modelling of noise and vibration impacts of the proposed operations.
- Recommendations and development of noise controls.
- Organising and facilitating ALARP (As Low As Reasonably Possible) workshops to assess recommended noise controls with all parties involved.
- The implementing of agreed controls for the submission of the Environmental Impact Assessment to Regulatory Authorities.
Once fully commissioned, Talis mobilised to site to undertake:
- Noise verification measurements (both attended and unattended).
- A review of the implemented noise controls.
- A complete Occupation Noise Survey, including the creation of noise contour maps.
Talis also assisted in the development of environmental and occupational Noise Management Plans (NMP) to assist in the management of noise on noise-sensitive receivers, such as fauna and personnel.