Bega Valley Shire Council (BVSC) has a long-term vision to develop a Resource Recovery Facility at its Central Waste Facility in Wolumla where local employment will be created and commercial and industrial (C&I) and municipal solid waste (MSW) recycling will divert waste from landfill.
Talis was engaged by BVSC to prepare conceptual designs for the multi-purpose Resource Recovery Facility and project budget estimates for inclusion in a funding application for the NSW EPA’s Major Resource Recovery Infrastructure Grants Program under the Waste Less, Recycle More initiative. The period to prepare applications was tight therefore, efficient delivery of the project was critical to the success of submitting the funding application prior to the deadline.
As part of the works and within a short timeframe, Talis prepared the following:
• Site Plans including overlayed aerial imagery;
• Front & side building elevations;
• Traffic flow diagrams including swept path analysis;
• Container Deposit Scheme (CDS) receival areas and infrastructure;
• Fixed and mobile equipment required for operations;
• 3D architecturals for inclusion in funding application;
• Budget estimates required for the grant application;
• Detailed estimated cost of construction, consultants, contractors and equipment; and
• Estimated detailed planning and design costs (including any environmental assessments).