Bega Valley Shire Council (BVSC) has a long-term vision to develop a Resource Recovery Facility at its Central Waste Facility in Wolumla, New South Wales, where local employment will be created and both commercial & industrial and municipal solid waste recycling will divert waste from landfill.
Talis was engaged by BVSC to prepare conceptual designs for the multi-purpose facility as well as budget estimates for inclusion in a funding application (the state EPA’s Major Resource Recovery Infrastructure Grants Program under the ‘Waste Less, Recycle More‘ initiative). The period to prepare applications was tight; and efficient delivery of the project was critical to the success of the funding application.
As part of the works, Talis delivered the following within a short timeframe:
- Site Plans including overlayed aerial imagery;
- Front & side building elevations;
- Traffic flow diagrams including swept path analysis;
- Container Deposit Scheme (CDS) receival areas and infrastructure;
- Fixed and mobile equipment required for operations;
- 3D architecturals for inclusion in funding application;
- Budget estimates required for the grant application;
- A detailed estimated cost of construction, consultants, contractors and equipment; and
- Estimated detailed planning and design costs (including any environmental assessments).